Thursday, February 4, 2010

Three of the events that I miss during secondary school life

In the first few months of every year during my secondary school life, these three events would always happen. Without the, my year couldnt be kick started.

First and foremost, Cross country or Merentas Desa event. One of my favourite events :). Featuring all students of the school, broken down into six categories, Male A (16 and 17 yo), Female A, Male B (14 and 15 yo), Female B, Male C (13 yo) and Female C. Each of the categories will have to run different distance. Ever since Taekwondo Club of my school started to grab some attention and gained more students, many of the prizes will be won by them, the rest of the awards will normally be won by other athletes who are skilled in various sports and of course some prizes will be won by students whom other people perceive them as students who excel in studies, well they are all rounders I must say. Talking about cross country, I had always failed in getting a prize, maybe due to my laziness in training, or it may be the fact that other people were just much better than me :). I did try my best every year, at the very least, I try to get one score for my team, JATI. Talking about the green team, Jati, I was in the same team in Primary School, guess I have great affinity with the team. So, as a loser in cross country, I shall almost stop talking about this event. Before I end this part, I must talk about the others who contribute greatly during the event, who made this event even perfect. Firstly, the teachers in charge, they are always so happy when they see students running back (of course only when they were back within the time limit :) ). Other than that, those who sacrifised their chance to take part, the prefects, St. John Ambulance people, scouts and girl guides and others who are given the task of recording the numbers that students wear. The cross country event is going to be held on this Saturday, 6th Feb 2010, so I wish that all Taekwondo juniors can do their best especially those black belt holders. Well, I still remember there was one year when our school held the event on Valentine's Day, which is the day I'm going to fly to Australia.

Ok, done with the first event, a very long paragraph indeed. Now, the second event. Closely related to cross country, the Sports Day. Sports Day is as interesting as cross country, or maybe more interesting! Sports Day is fun as the whole school will be like having a carnival, with many reps from each sports team working all day long, choosing their athletes, preparing the decorations of their tents, and supervising the training. Some people, like me, do like all the sports trainings, but sadly with very little talent in sports. And some, really talented ones dislike attending those trainings. So in most of the occasions, our team lost in the end because our house couldnt get a lot of marks during "sukantara", something like a free points event where all students can attend and try to get more points for their house. I can say for sure that our house's athletes always performed really well in their respective sports events, but with just them, we didnt manage to outfight other houses. The reason being so was that for some houses, they have really fierce teachers in charge who made sure their students attend the event, like Keruing with Cikgu Musa, still fierce like old times. Ok, moving on to the interesting part of Sports Day, actually not really related to it, the real treat of having sports day is that I can get a lot of rest in the class. As normally half of the class would be out or busy with their house's stuffs, I gained all the rest time I wanted!!! Isnt that fun? Other than that, on the day itself, its interesting too, seeing students cheering for their houses' reps, and its also the big day for Taekwondo Club as we would have performance on that day too. I dont know whether the tradition of having performance on Sports Day is still continued, but at least when I was Form 5, we did have a performance. Woah, lotsa fun memories floating in my mind now! Like when Jia Wen tried endlessly to break the wood piece that I and another friend held, as the field was very slippery, she couldnt break the wood piece until the nth time she tried. Must applaude for her persistence and effort.

Damn tired right now, didnt think that I will bluff so much about the first two events, will only continue the third event tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. 不知道为什么我每次看你的blog我还是会很想笑, 哈哈哈哈哈哈哈!!
    but your this post really can makes me recall the memories during secondary school. And i did have the same feeling with you, I've never take part in merentas desa & sports day! HAHAHAHAHA!! except the decorating for the tents xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiz... I am always the comedian mah. Ya, those memories are great and of great importance to everyone:)

    ReplyDelete